Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Big Reveal

What I love about Christmas is that it is a day, a season, a faith set apart to celebrate and remember and see what happened when the Light of the World entered into the world. In the book of 1 John, John says this…"here is the message, of which I, John, was an eye witness, the message of the gospel is this…Jesus is the light of the World and in Him there is no darkness, at all, as in none! In the aura of The Light of Jesus we see, if we will only look, the big reveal into our lives. There is no shadow of turning in light for there is no shadow when pure light abounds. Due to the light of Jesus the big reveal has come. The star that shone in the East pointed to the truth, and that truth reveals to us. It is meant to point us to the mission of mercy that this man-child Jesus was on. It reveals our selfish, petty, unforgiving hearts. This light cracks open hardened hearts and heals wounded ones. It exposes us as we try to heal our own wounds perhaps at the expense of another. It is for the Big Reveal we each need to see from time to time. Perhaps maybe I am the problem. Perhaps I need to be more humble. Perhaps I must forgive. Perhaps I must sacrifice for the good of those I love… That is a different kind of Christmas gift to be sure. It is the way the light has exposed my heart this Christmas. For those I have hurt I am sorry. For those I have ignored I beg forgiveness. For those I have wounded with unkindness or insensitivity I long for the forgiveness and desire to be better. I am desperate to be more like the light of the world. More like Jesus. Oh to know Him and to make Him known. Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment